This mobile guide is part of the Digital Tourism program of Smart Communications Inc., InnoPub Media and the Boljoon Municipal Government.Close Menu
Dr. Dionisio Niere and his wife, Georgina Villamor Muaña, built their house along Patrocinio St. in 1934, according to Paul Gerschwiler in his book "Bolhoon: A Cultural Sketch."
Niere was a member of the 1948 Constitutional Convention.
Though mainly an American-style construction, the house incorporated Spanish influences in the sliding windows of Capiz shells. The protruding vestibule that forms part of the house facade up to the second floor casement windows is typical American, as well as the colored stained glass embellishments on top of the windows.
The house had once been used as headquarters of the guerrilla army under Major Leonilo Jamoy during Wold War II.